Thursday, February 14, 2013

Birthday Time

So ... since I am writing blogs in April for the month of February - I can easily reflect back with a sense of humor much more than I would have been able to, had I been in the moment.  Josh planned on being away for 1-2 weeks (at the most) for a trial in San Diego.  One week turned into two, two turned into three - three turned into seven.  Yes, my  husband came home each Friday night to Sunday morning, but the man was gone for seven weeks, including my birthday.  And for the first time in my life I had no one to make my birthday special except for me - so I am pretty sure that is the reason it was quite fabulous.  Jeremy and I went to celebrate with Zach at school.  Then, my friends at work had the most adorable cupcake stand and lunch waiting for me when I arrived.  For dinner, my mom, dad, and I celebrated at Mastro's.  The three of us had not been to dinner together for so many years, I have completely lost track.  Then we had cupcakes an candles with the boys and their grandmom!  Josh surprised me with an afternoon gift certificate to the Four Seasons.  For those of you that know me well, I pretty much despise my birthday; not this year!  It was wonderful!!








No comments:

Post a Comment