Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mommy, Why does Kindergarten go so fast?

I was so proud of Zach but I couldn't post right away.  I had to make sure it wasn't too good to be true.  I'm not even going to write about how I thought the day was going to go or why I thought it was going to go that way!  I am just going to be proud and thankful and happy that our first day of Kindergarten was perfect! After a lot of discussion and preparation, the first day finally arrived.  As I watched him line up in single file, I gave him one big hug and kiss and he said "Watch me go in, mommy!"  And that was it.  I really didn't get anything done at work that first day. I just could hardly wait to get him.  When I arrived, I was welcomed with "Today, was great."  Our party animal also doesn't pay us a visit during the sleeping hours either anymore ... a Miracle!  So about a week in, we are getting ready and this how the conversation goes:

Zach:  "Mama, the day after tomorrow ... is it Friday already ... again?"
Me:  "Yes, buddy it is."
Zach:  So, tomorrow .. it's Friday - the weekend?"
Me:  "Yes, it's the weekend, again."
Zach: "Why does Kindergarten go so fast? I mean, the week goes by really fast."
Me:  "Because you are having fun.  When you have fun, time goes by fast - because you are happy."
Zach:  "I am happy!  Jeremy's school (and his school up until two weeks ago) didn't go by that fast."
Me:  "I know buddy ..."

Needless to say, we are thrilled with Zach's class, teacher, progress and most of all the huge smile on his face!

August 29, 2012
First Day of Kindergarten
Lang Ranch Elementary










End of Day 1

1 comment:

  1. So glad that kindergarten went/ is going so well! He looks so big on his first day!

    ReplyDelete